Monday 6 June 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams Review!

OK. I have a confession. I am OBSESSED with liquid lipsticks. It's become an actual problem.

What doesn't help is the fact that my local Boots now stocks NYX Cosmetics! A brand that I have been wanting to try out for the longest time! You can imagine my excitement when I saw that their soft matte lip creams were only £5.50 each! So, like any true beauty lover, I bought three of them. Yes. Three. My bank account hates me right now.

I decided on purchasing three completely different shades that would all suit my pale skin tone and blonde hair, and would suit various occasions. Funnily enough, there were a couple of shades that were out of stock that I really wanted, so I may have to go back and check every time I visit Boots. Like I said, my bank account HATES ME.

The shades I purchased were No. 8 "San Paulo", No. 10 "Monte Carlo" and No. 20 "Copenhagen".

L-R: San Paulo, Monte Carlo and Copenhagen.


L-R: Copenhagen, Monte Carlo and San Paulo.

I'll start with a general review of all three, as my opinion is similar for all the shades. First of all, the colour diversity is fantastic! I really struggled picking out shades, as they had a lot of variety. When you first open it up, the product is quite clumpy, so you may have to scrape off some of the excess product (you can see it slightly on the Copenhagen shade on the swatch picture). But that will disappear when applying it. The taste is very sweet, almost like marshmallows, which I was very happy with as some liquid lipsticks have a taste that is so vile I end up taking off the product within 5 minutes! (I'm looking at you, Bourjois Velvet Rouge!) And finally, the packaging, although basic, is perfect for fitting in your handbag, which is always fab!

Now, for the personal reviews! I'll start off with No. 8 "San Paulo".






I think out of the three I bought, this one is my absolute favourite! It's the perfect shade of pink that I am always wearing on my lips, which makes it a constant handbag favourite for "on the go". This was also the easiest to apply, as it's a lighter shade; I wasn't worried about smudging it everywhere. It apply's quite wet and doesn't dry very quickly, but you can blot with a tissue if you're in a hurry. However, if you're OK with waiting a few minutes for it to dry correctly, then it's definitely worth it! It's very rich, and feels lovely and light on the lips! Unfortunately, it does smudge when on the lips so try not to wipe your mouth too much! But its consistency is great!

For a perfect "Marilyn Monroe" red, I picked out No. 10 "Monte Carlo".





Below each lipstick in store, there is a little image of the product on a models lips (which was really handy to see how each colour comes out!) And when I saw this shade, I knew I had to buy it! Like I said, it's the perfect Marilyn red. It suits my skin tone really nicely, and like San Paulo, sits lovely and light on the lips. I did have to apply a couple of coats of this shade though, but I expected that due to the colour. It's not too dark, so would work as an all year round red! There was a lot off excess product on the wand, which I removed with a tissue, and it was a little more clumpy than San Paulo. But overall, I'm excited to wear this shade!

Finally, I went for a shade that's a little out of my comfort zone, No.20 "Copenhagen".







As this shade is not one that I usually go for, I was a little scared of it at first. Opening it for the first time, it was extremely clumpy, with a lot of excess product, but I removed it with a tissue. This shade required three coats and a blot with a tissue, and does require a steady hand for application. However, I do really like the colour! It's a lovely dark plum shade that would be great for a night out! Once on the lips, I did notice that it was very patchy, but I'm not sure if that's because I was so nervous about applying it! This shade is my least favourite, but I don't hate it! It's a perfect vampy plum! I'm sure with more practice, and more wear, I will grow to love it! 

Overall, I'm really excited to wear all three shades! And I will no doubt be heading back to the NYX counter when my next pay day arrives!

Have you guys tried out this product? Do you want to give it a try? Which is your favourite shade? Let me know in the comments below! And I will see you guys in my next post!

Fawce xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try and of the NYX lip creams, i'm dying to, they look so good :) San Paulo looks a lovely shade and really suits you ^_^

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! You totally should! I went back and bought the shade "Abu Dhabi" which is a gorgeous sandy brown colour, and I love it! <3

      Delete